Pages

Do Backlink Advertising Networks Really Work?

After i first heard about backlink marketing networks, I must admit We was greater than a bit suspicious. Of program backlinks are one of the most important tool within the seo kit, but purchasing or obtaining backlinks within an unnatural way happens to be something Google along with other major search engines like google do not really condone. I took a glance at a couple of networks searching for some solutions.

The very first network I looked over was DigitalPoint's House Advertising System (http://www.digitalpoint.com). DigitalPoint's network allows you to create either banner or text ads that will then be displayed on various websites in the network with an active backlink. Websites receive a "weight" which determines how often they appear on other sites, although it wasn't exactly clear on how a site gains weight. Further reading explained that certain factors such as Alexa Rank and number of pages showing ads may contribute to weight. It was even possible to target your ads by category. I was very impressed with the setup. So, I installed the ad network on a few websites and, sure enough, the system started to churn out backlinks.



After trying out the system, I chose to read exactly what others had been saying within their forums. Affirmed, my most detrimental fears had been realized. When i suspected, churning away links might have a negative effect on search engine rank. Various websites complained to be completely fallen from Search engines or Yahoo's catalog. The issue, it appears, was which links weren't permanent. DigitalPoint's system rotates links while you reload a webpage so you've no long term backlinks. We immediately eliminated the hyperlinks from my personal sites, and managed to move on to analyze the following network.

The following backlink marketing network I discovered was AdCaliber (http://www.adcaliber.com). I quickly read over their FAQ and was pleased to find that they promised permanent backlinks that only get removed when I choose. Other than that, the system seemed similar to DigitalPoint although it was a bit more flexible in ad targeting. After creating an account, I received 100 credits which I could use to bid for backlinks. Apparently, AdCaliber works on a bidding system. You bid a monthly amount of credits to obtain links on certain sites. For example, I bid 50 credits to obtain links on sites with a Google Pagerank of at least 5 and Alexa Rank of at least 500,000. Then, when an open ad slot appeared on a site matching those qualifications, the highest bidder would get the link. In my case, I would be debited 50 credits per month. I was very impressed with the system. I liked having the ability to target my ads precisely. I was also impressed with the ease of installation. With AdCaliber, you don't have to upload any files to your server. You just simply paste a short PHP code on your website. It was very simple. The only negative thing I have to say about AdCaliber is that it is much newer than DigitalPoint and its network is not as large, therefore not as many backlinks are available yet.

To sum everything up, DigitalPoint is an effective backlink marketing network when you're looking to get backlinks rapidly. I wouldn't use DigitalPoint for long-term SEO, although. AdCaliber appears to be your greatest bet for long-term SEO as well as seems to provide you with better manage over your own backlinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment